OpenBMD 0.2.6 PreAlpha freeware
FreeBMD is an ongoing project, the aim of which is to transcribe the Civil Registration index of births, marriages and deaths for England and Wales, and to provide free Internet access to the transcribed records. It is a part of the FreeUKGEN family, which also includes FreeCEN (Census data) and FreeREG (Parish Registers). To search the records that have so far been transcribed by FreeBMD click on the Search button below.
|OS||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64|
|Installation||Instal And Uninstall|
|Keywords||index transcriptor, BMD entry, Python transcription, transcript, transcription, index|
OpenBMD Free Download - we do not host any OpenBMD torrent files or links of OpenBMD on rapidshare.com, depositfiles.com, megaupload.com etc. All OpenBMD download links are direct OpenBMD download from publisher site or their selected mirrors.
|0.2.6 PreAlp||Dec 29, 2011||New Release||· Compiled the DistrictList file to include over 18,000 official districts,
· alternate spellings and volume numbers.
Added two main helper methods to aid district transcription:
· Districts are suggested as they are typed. Tabbing out of
· a cell with a suggested district will auto-complete the district and
· volume number in the respective columns.
· Pressing the down arrow key on a cell with a suggested district will
· call a pop-up menu showing a list of suggested districts. Selecting one
· will auto-complete the district and volume number in the respective
· Districts which aren't found in the district list file can be typed
· The manifest file now directs the packager to include the district
· file is packaged as part of the distribution.
· Fixed the get_district_picklist method - it now converts the string
· 'year' to a numeral to get at the appropriate volume set.
· Manually set the column widths to optimise the space provided.
|0.2.5 PreAlp||Nov 14, 2011||New Release||· Version control is now handled using GIT.
· Added a method called 'editor_text' to gather in real time, what district the user is typing into the active cell editor. This information will be used to generate a filtered list of districts for the user to select from.
· The 'check order' method now properly looks at forenames and ignores the forename cell on the last row if it is blank - i.e. the user has typed a new entry.
|0.2.4 PreAlp||Oct 24, 2011||New Release||Continued work on the district picklist:
· Gathetered together the 'official' district and volume numbers from the FreeBmd site for all districts beginning with the letter A.
· Looked at the best way to present this district picklist to the user to select from. So far the options I've looked at are using the built-in 'GridCellChoiceEditor' (a type of combobox) or to have a custom pop-up menu triggered on each keystroke.