WinVi 3.02 freeware
This is a small selection of the features presented by WinVi:
* new release: Editing and automatic detection of Unicode files in UTF-8, UTF-16 Little Endian and UTF-16 Big Endian encodings
* new release: Unicode file names
* compatibility with Windows Notepad was my main goal
* nevertheless, it ought to be highly compatible with Vi
* a hexadecimal edit mode is available for editing binary files
|OS||Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7|
|Installation||Instal And Uninstall|
|Keywords||edit text, text editor, MS Windows setting, execute, editor, create|
WinVi Free Download - we do not host any WinVi torrent files or links of WinVi on rapidshare.com, depositfiles.com, megaupload.com etc. All WinVi download links are direct WinVi download from publisher site or their selected mirrors.
|3.02||Mar 18, 2011||New Release|
|3.00||Jan 17, 2010||New Release||· Word extraction in positioning commands #, * and Ctrl+] behind a multi-byte character in a UTF-8 file has been fixed.
· Inserting a multi-byte character (e.g. from clipboard) into a UTF-8 file at the end of line or end of file produced a wrong cursor position. Fixed.
· Deleting to the end of line in hexadecimal mode now also removes the last byte in the line.
· Switching between UTF-16 and other encodings used up too much time, now it is faster.
· Positioning to an empty line (coded CR/LF) has beed corrected.
· Closing WinVi now interrupts a hidden external command which produces output into the file.
· An active tag command is now cleanly stopped when WinVi closes. Before, a white rectangle appeared in the upper left screen corner.
· Inserting a CR before an LF and inserting an LF after a CR is now correctly processed.
· The positioning command G now works as expected on a one-line file without leading blanks.